Friday 16 May 2008

A chilling update

As concerned and curious readers, I’m sure you’re all wondering what happened to my broken refrigerator. Well, appliance fans, the repair man came yesterday and worked his frosty mojo. The fridge is now working again! Just as the weather turns cold. Anyway, in an exciting twist, it was under guarantee after all because I’d registered online. This is fortunate because the cause of the problem is a reoccurring manufacturing defect and so they are going to replace the whole appliance free of charge. With drama like this, who needs EastEnders?

I’m away in Bristol this weekend for a mate’s stag do. I hate driving so much that I’m tempted to charter a jet, but I’ve probably left it too late now.

8 comments:

anonemouse said...

to be honest, was rather more concerned about cookie (aka the hairy carrot)...
result re the fridge tho' - chilled kudos for you sir...
and you could always get on national express or take a train, as you're bound to end up walking home...
altho', having said that, you are totally on the tee aincha, so are you going along as designated driver or is the 'mate' really a mate and wants you to be there for the scintillating cool(box) stories you tell and the high (eastend) drama you surely bring to any situation?
whatever, have a great weekend!

anonemouse said...

love the barber's sign too today?
is he from poland by any chance?

Graham said...

I liked the idea that there was a barber's shop especially for emos and misfits.

Cookie, incidentally, has now been removed from the fridge.

Ariane said...

Is "reoccurring" as valid as "recurring", and do the two mean the same thing?

Just interested rather than pedantic (alright, probably a bit pedantic too).

anonemouse said...

woohoo, color!!!
no, wait, let me curb my enthusiasm.
oh, color, that's nice then...

gram, there's still nowhere else to write this rather than in your fridge and, what with all those magnets and some such you have all over the outside there was no room on the door(mat picnic)...

Graham said...

Ariane: It seems, like many of the words I choose to use, that 'reoccurring' is invalid. I have booked some remedial English classes for the summer.

ER: If I knew how to create a commenting facility on the site itself, I would. I could set up a forum but that would be overkill of sledgehammer/nut proportions. At least until I acquire a few more readers.

Ariane said...

I once thought of making a range of psychological fridge magnets called Fridge Id.

Then I went cold on the idea.

anonemouse said...

they would have been be cool tho'...