Tuesday 15 April 2008

Small ideas

Most websites these days have favicons – those little icons that appear in the address bar of your browser as a miniature graphical representation of the site. If you don’t have one, the browser displays a boring default image that conveys the message: This website is rubbish! It doesn’t even have a favicon! So, in order to avoid cruel taunts and wagging fingers I must come up with an image that represents the site within a 16 x 16 pixel square. That really isn’t very big. Firstly I thought about a picnic basket, but at that size it just looks like a brown blob. Some sites just use the initials of the domain, but DP is a rather unfortunate acronym that I don’t intend to utilise. So, as something spherical is ideal, I’m thinking of using a basketball. A picnic basketball. That’s not too tenuous is it?

How about an ant? Would an ant be better?

10 comments:

Ariane said...

Wow, that's a much better photo Graham! Who suggested that you put that one up?

(DP is funny. I'd use it.)

anonemouse said...

why not use a brown blob (as they seem to work nicely)?
that could also hint at your DP idea...

Ariane said...

I can't see no apple! Eh?

Graham said...

I can see the apple. It's there! I know it is!

anonemouse said...

the apple, as newton so rightly observed, has indeed landed.

anonemouse said...

altho' it does also have something of the tomato about it...
good picnic choice for those who don't like them apples then

Ariane said...

I'd be with you on the tomato front, ER, but I think the leaf just about saves it as an apple.

Hattie said...

I can't see any apple... is this something that doesn't show up on Macs/Firefox?

Graham said...

The apple works with any browser but only appears if you've been very, very good.

Hattie said...

Well that explains it, then.