Friday 18 April 2008

For want of experience

I must apologise for the artwork in today’s strip (#006), which is below par. When I drew it I thought it was passable, but the problem with updating three days per week is that each strip has to occupy the front page for at least two days, during which every flaw is painfully festering until its successor arrives to sweep it away. It’s not just the artwork, it’s the writing as well. If you don’t make much of an effort it just lingers. It’s a bit like when you turn over your calendar at the start of the month and take a dislike to the image, knowing that you'll just have to put up with it for the next four weeks. My only excuse is that I’m new to this and still learning. I don’t intend to beat myself up about it too much – improvement and development are part of the process – but in future I intend to have a higher quality control threshold.

Okay, that’s it. I’m not going to grovel.

No comments: